Thursday, March 19, 2009

IDOL round 2-not my best

YEEEHAWWWW!

Round two is behind us and I'm not going to lie, I thought it was pretty good. Yep, Negative Nelly was actually impressed with MOST of the singers.
Because of this, I'm sorry to say, this re-cap is about as boring as watching Randy Travis sing last night.

Let's get into it, starting with the stinkers of the night...

-Let's start with our gurrl Lil' Rounds....OH HELLLLLLLZ NO! Ok, I get it, it's not her genre but that song SUCKED! She better hope next week is Motown because another hot mess like that, combined with the lack of hair, MAY put her in the bottom three.

-Danny doesn't REALLY deserve to be in the stinker list BUT if he hadn't KILLED the chorus of that song he would have started it out. His safari parka with the popped collar was horrendous and just looked out of place. Still sounded good, but the look landed him here.

-Rogue Mormon..why do I detest this chick so much? She is SO overrated it's painful. The over annunciation of each word ( i.e. "moonlight"), along with her swivel hips makes me want to beat her senseless with the good book of Brigham Young. Take note that we will see more and more cleavage from this one as the competition moves on because her looks are all she's got going...I guess that's a good thing for you Adam!

-Boss Hog, nice guy, but so forgettable I have nothing to say.
And last but not least, our favorite Tranny, the He-She...WHAT. IN. THE. HELL. WAS. THAT??????? This guy is trying SO hard to be "out there" that it comes off fake and contrived. He sang a love song for all the boys in West Hollywood ( uh, "Burning Ring of Fire"???) and took dear Johnny Cash to an all new low. I was waiting for the Moroccan belly dancers to come out while Ravi Shankar strummed his sitar..Lame.

On a positive note the boys were on fire last night...
Bobby J came back with a vengeance making it known that not all Indians sound like Sanjaya! He was amazing....Our favorite fake Justin was hands down the best of the night..he could give the ole' Widower a run for his money for the title. He can sing AND he plays a mean set of keys. The Sleeper could be just that, the sleeper. This little rug rat has come on strong showing he's got the chops to take this all the way. We all know I'm not a fan of the blind Gene Wilder but he wasn't AWFUL this week so I will leave him alone this time.

As for our poor loser...the Pink Taco stunk up the joint and is finally gone. Good luck!
On a side note, there is one person I would like to personally call out on this round....Sameer, the newest player in our pool...you should have thought about popping off about "kicking our asses" BEFORE picking the most boring person in the bunch! Thanks for playing, but you are pretty much history!
Scores show that Sameer wasn't the only fan on PT...many of you have her going pretty far which will start to hurt in later weeks. The big winners this week were Momma Levin and yours truly, both with 27 points! Way to go Commish!

No comments:

Post a Comment