Wednesday, May 20, 2009

FINAL IDOL

And we're off...
Miss Thang started it off, which for ONCE hasn't been rigged in his favor..Came out swinging with "Mad World" which has been his most popular Itunes download thus far. Adam went for the Highlander meets Homeless look; the fog and coat reminded me of Cosette begging on the streets of Paris in "Les Miserable"., and I DETEST saying this, but he nailed it...not the janked up look, but the song AND brooding look at the end. Very Constantine Maroulas like.

Kris decided to show his skills on the keys and went with the very soulful "Ain't No Sunshine". Hard to make it appeal to white tweens but he managed it. They sexed up the wifey who actually looked a bit like Reese Witherspoon..I said a BIT. She knows to keep this boy she better get a little LA naaaaaasty!
Round two kicks off with Annie wearing his sharkskin suit singing "A Change is Gonna Come".Who knew Stanley from "The Office" moonlights as a blues guitarist on Idol?? And oops there it is...that howl that seems to creep into every damn song. Give it a rest. Steven Tyler, jeesh!

Arkansas favorite son went with Marvin Gayes "What's Going On".. Crowd was into it from the first strum of the strings which is a great sign for this little side mouthed singer because to be honest, it was a little dull.
Side note...anyone notice how they propped up blind Scott against Anoop but failed to point him to the right camera. That guy just can't catch a break.
And finally....
Adam dons his tire tread jacket and anaconda enhancing acid wash jeans to get the Boystown vote nailed down and let's loose on Kara's song "No Boundaries", not bad. Love how Simon makes one last push for votes on behalf of Lambert...seems really unfair...but it just may work.
Last up (for the first time may I add) is our favorite little person.
Completely different take on the song.. I don't know kids, his voice failed at one point and he forgot a lyric or two. He may have lost this thing to Adam. To make sure I could stand by this bold statement I watched both performances twice and although Adam should be cast in "Glee" with all of the other drama queens, he was better. Ouch, hurt typing that. I like the backup vocals on his take whereas, Kris took it solo.
For once I'm going to be objective...Adam has more range and more depth, while Kris' sound is very distinct. On the flip, Kris has a hell of a lot more mass appeal than the Adam. Although the judges basically said goodbye to Kris ie.."You should be proud of yourself" and "You were an incredibly contender" and every magazine and blog has put Adam on their cover, don't discount the voting public! Remember that Kris has NEVER been in the bottom 3, hopefully his fan base pulls him to the end...but this was a dawg fight till the end folks!
Until tomorrow...
-the commish

No comments:

Post a Comment