Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Round Two...Party in the USA....

Where do I start with this??

-261 #1 songs by former Idols? huh?? How is that possible??

-How much street cred did the likes of Casey and Mexi-Goke lose from their ruff neck friends back in Texas and East L.A? Do you think Lee EVER imagined singing "Wake Me up Before you Go Go" when he was sitting in the clink in Joliet Juvie?? That was just a cruel way to start the night for everyone involved, including the audience, and us poor saps at home.


-Was I watching the Disney Channel or Fox?? This was the worst 10 minutes of TV I've watched in months. Joe Jonas and Demi Lavoto?? Who the hell ARE these clowns??


-Come on, the Country Tramp is the mentor??? How do you think ole' Crystal Bowersox feels about taking tips from this 17 year old pip squeek?...I mean Crystal is STREET man, she's State and Lake bia-tch!!

Let's get down to business...



1)First up, Dweezy...
I really, really like this kat but I did NOT like this song. After NINE seasons when will these people learn to do a FAMILIAR song...like a song within the last 2 decades?? Only 3 people in our game even KNEW that song...yes, Karen, I'm talking about you.


2)Under age meets old age...
It was "Against All Odds" yo' ass would make it past this round. Sorry Paige, it was AWFUL. I felt like I was watching a high-schooler try out for the J.V. Glee Club (don't forget to watch Glee, starting 4/13 on Fox:) . It's absolutely NO shock that you were escorted out of the building.



3)Two Hilljacks falling in love...
Oh, I'm sorry, I fell asleep....I got nothin'. Tim's clock is ticking.



4)Aaron with a boner...
It is NOT fair that Miley wore daisy dukes to mentor a 16 year old boy who has never touched the flesh of a woman since he got weened off the teet. Just cruel.
I am not very nice BUT this kid is growing on me. They dyed his hair a darker shade, trimmed it up to make it look decent and he can actually sing...even with no voice. Nice kid. He MAY be this year's dark horse. Liked the shit kickers!



5)Street meets Creep...
Miley was condescending which must have torn ole' Crystal up. WHOA, an Idol first...a dreadlocked Up-Do! I love me some Red Line but who dressed her? Resembled Stevie Nicks' White Winged Dove era and I do NOT dig it. How much do you want to bet she has pit hair??





6)ReRun gets romantic..




Big Fella KILLED it tonight...Red Line has GOT to step up with some personality to win. Mike is in it to win it. It may have been a safe song but he's got the pipes, the personality and talent to take it all.



7)Mexi-meltDOWN....
From the jacket, the stomping and the singing, he BLEW this song. Kara, PLEASE stop bringing up "Straight Up"...it's done, over and you're commentary is stale. I will always support my Latin brothers but it was pure kaka.



8)Mean Girl Miley and Brenda square off..
Did she have a "bump-it" in her hair? I saw a little Snookers goin' on there...
Judges liked it, I thought they were being generous since it's the first time she hasn't looked like a 37 year old lounge singer.



9)Miley with a boner...
Casey had me at hello...I don't care what Simon says, this was my favorite performance of the night. It sounded good, he looked hot and he can strum those strings.

10)Didi the Dud...
I HATE this chick..Sorry, I do. She's just so frickin' milquetoast. I've seen better at a $29 dinner theater in Peoria...she's just like the song she sang, "No Good".


11)The Flight of the Concords has landed!!
Shiobhan during rehearsal...





Shiobahn during the show...




Does Shibonne have Asbergers? I'm not kidding. I think she MAY be touched.
The Sheena Easton look is NOT a good one for this kid...just not cute. Ok, here's my prediction, people will get SO sick of that Adam Lambert screech that her star may fall faster than we think.

**I swear I write this stuff BEFORE the judges ever utter a word.

Sorry for the lame post this week, they just didn't give me much people. Let's hope R & B week with guest judge, Usher, gives us more to work with next Tuesday.


No comments:

Post a Comment